Whether you are designing a wall or repainting the entire interior of your room, preparing your wall should be done before applying any kind of paint into it. It is one of the most neglected aspect of painting. Coincidentally, it is also one of the most important part of painting. Without prepping your wall, you may end up with uneven paint tones and will have trouble getting the color you want. It doesn’t matter what kind of paint you want to use, you still need to prep your wall before applying any kind of paint to it. To ensure that you will have a great paint job, you need to follow these steps.
- Remove all furniture, electrical plates, decoration your wall. You need a clean work area. Basically, anything that can impede or halter the process of painting, you should remove it. What this does is it allows you to paint evenly. You will not waste paint trying to even out paint that didn’t come out as planned.
- Clean the walls. Before you begin painting, clean the area before getting a new coat. Remove dust on your wall by wiping or using a vacuum cleaner. Even small debris will have a huge effect on the evenness of the paint.
- Scrape away old paint. If you see flaking paint, make sure to remove it. Even out the surface by scraping the flaking areas of the paint. You can also use sandpaper to ensure that the surface is clean and ready to go.
- Fill the holes on the wall before starting any paint job. If your walls have many holes for decoration, filling it out before painting is the perfect time. If you are able to patch it before applying any paint, it will look new. It won’t look like it had any holes in it when you successfully painted the wall.
- Protect your floor. Make sure to put some rags right beneath the wall you’re working on. This will prevent spills and dripping of the paint or primer. You can use whatever kind of protection you want as long as it can protect the floor.
Painting your home is a great way to change the atmosphere inside your home. Create a new look and transform a once familiar room into something that is new and special. Make sure to understand the prep work needed for any paint work to avoid any unevenness in the paint. Just follow the tips above and you’ll definitely get the look you want without problem. Click here for more information.